Best Web Development Frameworks
Table of Content
What Is a Web Framework?
Establishing a prominent online presence has become of utmost importance. Retailers who were earlier dependent on physical visits have now switched to the online world for the better. Web development framework or web framework offers a series of tools that support web applications’ development. These include web resources, web services, and web APIs.
Also Read: Website Development: The Beginner’s Guide
Why Should You Select the Right Web Frameworks?
Selecting the right web framework is extremely important as it offers ease of work and generates better results. Here’s why frameworks are necessary:
- Minimise errors and reduces complexity
- Boost the development process
- Alter the code length
- Ensures improved security
- Improves code efficiency and reusability
- Easy development and maintenance
Types of Web Development Frameworks
There are mainly two types of web development frameworks. These include –
1. Front-End Frameworks
The front-end framework is the client-side framework mainly used to deal with the user interface.
2. Back-End Frameworks
Back-end frameworks deal with tools and libraries which provide adequate assistance to the developers to create intuitive website structures.
What is the Difference Between Front-end and Back-end Frameworks?
The front-end framework is mainly the client-side framework which facilitates an interactive approach. On the other hand, the back-end framework is the server-side framework which ensures that websites run smoothly.
Best Front-end and back-end Web Development Frameworks
Angular is termed an open-source, efficient, and powerful framework of web development that Google operates.
- Universal – It serves the initial view of Node.js, .NET, PHP, and other servers for near-instant render in only HTML and CSS.
- Code generation – Angular provides hand-written code benefits by turning templates into well-optimised codes.
- Code splitting – The automatic code-splitting is delivered when the angular applications load quickly.
Developed by Facebook, React is a top web development framework that gained immense popularity quickly. It is considered for developing and operating the ever-evolving web page user interface that experiences massive traffic.
- Declarative – React helps develop dynamic and interactive UI for websites and mobile applications. Every time the data changes, React renders the right components efficiently.
- Virtual DOM – The virtual DOM is the virtual representation of the actual DOM object, developed by creating a copy.
- Event handling – React provides an interactive cross-browser interface which means there is no need to worry about incompatible fields and event names.
Recently introduced in 2016, Vue.js has already managed to prove its worth in the shortest time possible by offering end-to-end features. This Web Development framework’s most interactive and exciting feature is developing single-page applications. It is mostly considered for the development of cross-platform.
- Data binding is a popular Vue.js feature that facilitates easy manipulating and assigning values to the HTML attribute.
- Template – The Vue.js Web Development Framework provides an HTML-based template that binds the Vue.js instance data closely with DOM.
- Methods– The feature method is used if an event occurs that may not necessarily be related to mutated instance data. Note that methods cannot mention the dependencies records. However, it can make arguments.
- Complexity – In terms of design and API, Vue.js is simpler than other Web Development Frameworks. Developers wanting to build an interactive application can do it in one day.
Ember.js came into existence in 2015 and later gained immense popularity in the wide area of application. The Ember.js features support data binding in two different ways; as a result, it established a robust platform to handle unorganised user interfaces. As a result, websites including Nordstrom, LinkedIn, Netflix and others consider using Ember.js. Let’s discuss the features of Ember.js in detail.
- Development of comfortable and usable Web Development apps.
- Provides on-point initialises.
- It offers HTML and CSS development models.
- To debug the ember applications, the ember tools are used.
MeteorJS or Meteor.js is another popular Web Development framework that helps in significant areas, including managing databases, back-end development, rendering front-end, and business logic. Let’s discuss the features of meteors in detail.
- Full-stack solution – The Meteor emerged as a full-stack solution to develop and deploy web applications. There are multiple built-in features, including reactive templates and automatic CSS.
- Ecosystem development – The MeteorJS acts as a Web Development framework and an open-source Isomorphic Development Ecosystem, commonly known as IDevE. It promotes easy app building as it is feature-packed.
- Front-end solution – Blaze.js is a front-end framework offered by Meteor which consists of several features.
The Mithril is a Web Development Framework commonly used to develop single-page apps. Implementing the framework is easier since its functions are not driven by the base class. Let’s discuss the features of Mithril in detail.
- Full-stack solution – The Mithril emerged as a full-stack solution to develop and deploy web applications. There are multiple built-in features, including reactive templates and automatic CSS. Its cloud platform is great for scaling, monitoring, and deploying the client’s applications.
- Development ecosystem – The Mithril not only acts as a Web Development framework commonly known as IDevE. It promotes easy app building as it is feature-packed.
- Front-end solution – The Blaze.js framework is offered by Mithril that offers exciting features for easy app development. In this framework, the communication is direct.
Node.js is one the most popular Web Development Frameworks that works cross-platform. This framework provides similar properties as JAVA, including packaging, threading, and O forming loops. Let’s discuss the features of Node.js in detail:
- The Node.js library is exceptionally fast and reliable when talking about code execution.
- The Node.js with the event lopping follows the single-threaded model.
- Node.js has an event mechanism that promotes non-blocking manners making it highly scalable.
- While uploading video or audio files, Node.js does not take any buffering time.
- Since it’s an open-source Web Development framework, it offers many models.
- Node.js is released under the MIT licence.
The next popular Web Development Framework in our Web Development frameworks list to use in 2022 is the Polymer developed by Google. This framework js supports single and double way data binding, making it a great application area. Let’s discuss the features of Polymer in detail
- Polymer.js provides an extensive range of solutions to build custom HTML elements.
- Polymer provides polyfills to create customised and reusable elements.
- It is considered to create reusable widgets in website documents and applications.
- The mobile applications are developed using the Google material design, which promotes easy development.
Aurelia is one of the most recently introduced Web Development frameworks used for easy implementation of all interfaces. It provides modern architecture. Let’s discuss the features of Aurelia in detail.
- Components – Aurelia’s building blocks are its components that are composed of Web Development HTML and pairs views.
- Web standards – Aurelia’s provides a clean and modern framework. It mainly focuses on the web standards without any outside distraction.
- Commercial support – The Aurelia Web Development framework offers enterprise and commercial support.
- Licence – The Aurelia framework is licensed under the MIT licence.
The last on our list is Backbone.js, another most popular Web Development framework. Backbone.js is easy to learn and understand. It is majorly used for creating single-page applications. Let’s discuss the features of Backbone.js in detail –
- Backbone.js framework uses Web Development functions that make application development easier.
- Building blocks like views, routers, models collections and events assemble web applications.
- Backbone.js is an easy library that helps separate user interface and business.
- It is an open-source and free library that contains more than 100 extensions.
Top 5 Benefits of Using Web Frameworks
Here is the list of benefits of using web frameworks –
- Simplifies the web development process
- Eases application maintenance and management
- Alter the code length
- Reinforces security
- Improves database proficiency