10 Incredibly Useful Front-end Development Tools in 2021
Nowadays, businesses are making their online presence strong and many new startups are popping up in the market with the growth of disruptive technologies. To serve at their best, companies are focusing their attention on front-end development because an interactive and engaging website requires great efficiency and performance, which in turn generates a noticeable revenue. The front-end of a website is what a user perceives while browsing a particular website. However, developing a unique website with best-in-class features requires extensive technical experience with some creativity to enhance the user interface and functionalities of the same.
In the ever-evolving IT sector, nothing is consistent. Front-end web development tools, including the less productive libraries and tools, are replaced by the new and efficient ones. To keep pace with the changing technological era developers are required to keep themselves up-to-date with the latest libraries and frameworks. Having so many web development tools increasing exponentially, it can often feel challenging to choose the finest software to accomplish the job.
To lessen the dilemma of web developers while choosing the right tool from the ocean of development tools for their specific front-end development, we have compiled some of the best and modern web development tools which can help you with your specific project requirements.
Top Front-end Web Development Tools
Meteor was launched in 2011 as a comprehensive front-end development tool. It enables fast prototyping and delivers cross-platform code using NodeJS (web, Android, and iOS). The best part of Meteor is that it consists of an assortment of libraries and various packages which acts as a booster for website and app development.
It was built on the fundamentals of existing progressive frameworks and libraries to make it simple to develop various prototype apps and a unique front-end website design.
- Meteor.js lets you create real-time web apps from the ground up
- Without writing any boilerplate code, data transfer between the client and the server occurs automatically
- Great integrated functionalities
- It reduces the development time by lowering the complexity and reducing the length of code
- Live reloading allows only the essential DOM components to be refreshed
- Integrated directives to execute different front-end actions
- Vue-router makes navigation easy and simple
- Optimum performance and lightweight
- Provides numerous data binding components
- Uses Virtual DOM (Document Object Model)
- Detailed documentation for learners is available
- It is a lightweight and easy to learn tool
- It makes codes reusable, simple, and organized
- When the model changes, your application’s HTML is automatically updated
- Availability of 100+ extensions
- It separates the UI logic and business logic
- It works on a wide range of browsers, devices, and operating systems
- Interfaces can be defined between the software components
- It recognizes other JS libraries
Angular is a free and open-source Front-end development tool for developing functional web apps and extending HTML syntax for web applications. Angular provides the framework for MVC architectures of the client-side, which facilitates the building and testing of Single Page Apps (SPAs).
- Availability of new rendering engine
- It assists a service worker
- It is used by developers globally
6. Chrome DevTools
- Easy troubleshooting of the codes
- Because security is such a big deal these days, Chrome Dev Tools has Security panels where the tool is in charge of figuring out what’s wrong
- Other features to consider include the Console panel, Memory panel, Sources panel, Elements panel, Network panel, and Device mode
- Chrome DevTools assists you in examining Network Activity
In 2021, Grunt is one of the top front-end tools for automating repetitive development activities. To operate Gruntfile, it employs a command-line interface (CLI), which implements the majority of the developer’s tasks.
- It is installable
- Enhances the project’s performance & accelerates the development process
- It extends the scripts and plugins’ functionality
- Availability of 4000+ plugins
- Automates the repetitive tasks with minimal effort
Sass is the most developed and reliable CSS extension language. The project is open source and includes updated CSS preprocessors. Sass assists you in sharing the designs across and within the project.
- Multiple inheritances are supported by Sass
- It has a large and active community
- CSS Compatibility
- It has library control directives
- Arguments, nesting, variables, loops, and other features are included
Sublime Text is a cross-platform text editor for coding, markup, and writing prose. You can search for anything you want with only a few clicks, and you won’t have to remember any obscure key bindings. Sublime Text builds a project-wide index of each function, class, and method based on information from syntax definitions.
- Sublime Text will enable plugins to deliver more integrated functionality through the Python API
- TextMate’s language grammars’ compatibility
- It modifies and provides split change
- The Command Palette will include features like Sorting and Changing Indentation that isn’t used very often
- Sublime’s custom components boost applications’ performance
- Sublime is a lightning-fast and stable editor
- The same workflow is used to direct public and private code
- It is a free and open-source tool
- Code dependencies in numerous versions
- It offers installation of public packages, publishing of limitless OSS packages
- It provides basic assistance, as well as automatic warnings concerning dangerous code
- Downloadable standalone tools
Hire Front-end Development Company
So, after going through the aforementioned tools, you must have got a fair idea of what technologies are taking over the IT sector. This is just a list of a few trending tools, but you can find a lot of emerging tools out there. Hopefully, with all the stated features you will be able to consider these tools for your next assignment. However, knowing these tools is just one side of the coin, but building your project from scratch while taking care of all the project workflow within an estimated timeline can take a toll.
To reduce all the burden of project management and getting the most out of your project, it is recommended to seek a highly competent and proficient front-end web development company. If you are open to discuss your project, we offer you a free consultation session with all the strategic advice for your requirements and concerns.